[Technology 1239] Re: Professional Development Design &Development for the 21

Bonnie Odiorne bonniesophia at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 27 13:20:33 EDT 2007

Hi, Christina,
I've not taught the course as yet, so I'll let you know. But as I gather from the planners, the intent was increased participation/completion of assignments, information literacy, team and community-building (no outcasts, and the individual's work can affect the team/tribe, but not vice-versa). The Challenges are regular class assignments designated for the "game": the winner gets "final immunity" from the final exam. I don't know how inot it we'll get: a librarian I read about in a book called something like Teachine with Popular Culture used the theme music, a Power Point w/ palm trees, and got reading rubber bracelets. You could use arm bands of bandannas? I'm not sure I'm going to like being scorekeeper when I'm just getting to know them, let alone what "tribe" they're in....
I'll keep you posted.
Bonnie

"Christina L. Ramey" <cryan5 at student.gsu.edu> wrote:
Hello, Bonnie
I am intrigued by the seminar class being structured as "Survivor". I wonder if this would be a great opportunity to provide our freshman nursing students with the added peer support they need to be successful. How is this structured for your seminar? (informational, team building, support etc.) What was the purpose for developing this structure?

Christina Ramey