[Technology 1274] 2007-2008 International Classroom Virtual Visit Project

David J. Rosen djrosen at comcast.net
Thu Sep 13 13:50:11 EDT 2007

Dear Colleague,

The International Classroom Virtual Visit (Virtual School) project is
beginning its ninth year, linking classrooms across the world to
enable students to meet each other virtually, share
information about their cultures, their classrooms, and their
communities, and to build cultural understanding. Classes can include
English as a Second or Other Language (ESOL/ESL), Adult Basic
Education (ABE, GED), elementary or secondary education, or family
literacy. Students can be from age seven to adult.

As in past years, we hope classes will engage in lively written
discussion, and possibly choose a film, book or current event to
discuss. We have a free wiki, so classes don't have to create their
own web pages, and we will help teachers to use free Internet
telephony so their classes can talk to each other if they can find a
time that works to do that.

If you would like to participate in this year's project,

1. Sign up on the I.C.V.V. e-list by going to:

Scroll down the page to choose an ID and password. That's
it, easy and free.

2. Once you receive confirmation that you are on the I.C.V.V. e-list,
send an e-mail to:

icvv at lists.literacytent.org

indicating your interest in participating this year. Be sure to
describe your class, when it will begin, and what age group or
nationality you would prefer to partner with.

If you would like to look at classroom virtual visit projects from
previous years go to:

http://www.otan.us/webfarm/emailproject/school.htm

and then, for example, choose

http://www.otan.us/webfarm/emailproject/school2003.htm

or

http://beginning2.blogspot.com/

We look forward to your joining the project. Let one of us know if
you have questions.

All the best,

David J. Rosen
djrosen at comcast.net