[Technology 1275] Re: Tech Integration Self-Assessment

David J. Rosen djrosen at comcast.net
Thu Sep 13 13:57:25 EDT 2007

Crystal,

You wrote:

> I looked at the website that has been launched can see its

> usefulness, however, I wondered if anyone has any experience or

> success stories in using it for K-12 teachers to self-assess?

> Crystal Cuby Richardson

> Georgia State University

The Technology Integration Self-assessment (TISA) section of
adultedonline.org is new, just launched at the end of August. It was
field-tested with adult education practitioners (teachers and
administrators) in several parts of the U.S. It was designed for
adult education teachers. Nevertheless, it may be useful for K-12
teachers. Many of the competencies upon which the self assessment
apply in K-12, I would think, and some of the on-line professional
development learning resources, and many of the learning strategies
apply to K-12.

If you use it with K-12 teachers, let us (Marian Thacher in
particular, mthacher at otan.us) know what you think.

David J. Rosen
djrosen at comcast.net