[Technology 1280] Re: Tech Integration Self-Assessment

Marian Thacher mthacher at otan.us
Fri Sep 14 15:12:43 EDT 2007

Hi Meredith,

I'm glad you had a chance to look at the self-assessments. I like your
idea of having students write pride stories. I'm guessing you mean by that
they write about an accomplishment or something in their life they are
proud of. Do they share those with the other students in the class, or
only with the instructor?

I wonder what strategies other distance teachers have for building rapport
without face to face contact.

For those who are wondering, there are two self-assessments on the AdultEd
Online site, www.adultedonline.org. One is about teaching at a distance,
and the other is about using technology in the classroom. Meredith refers
to the distance teaching self-assessment.

Marian
The Technology and Literacy Discussion List <technology at nifl.gov> on