[Technology 1282] Re: Tech Integration Self-Assessment

jennfwms at aol.com jennfwms at aol.com
Sun Sep 16 17:56:54 EDT 2007

Hi All:

My name is Jennifer Williams and I recently started my first on-line course.?The instructor asked that we each create a website that described different things about ourselves and included? a picture. A link was created from our class page to the websites. It was a really great way to?actually connect a face with a name.

Hope that is helpful.

Jennifer Williams
GA State University

Hi Meredith,

I'm glad you had a chance to look at the self-assessments. I like your idea of having students write pride stories. I'm guessing you mean by that they write about an accomplishment or something in their life they are proud of. Do they share those with the other students in the class, or only with the instructor?

I wonder what strategies other distance teachers have for building rapport without face to face contact.

For those who are wondering, there are two self-assessments on the AdultEd Online site, www.adultedonline.org. One is about teaching at a distance, and the other is about using technology in the classroom. Meredith refers to the distance teaching self-assessment.

Marian