[Technology 1322] Self-study Online

David J. Rosen djrosen at comcast.net
Wed Oct 3 16:06:20 EDT 2007

Technology Colleagues,

Self-study online includes a wide range of possibilities, including:

• pod-casts (I subscribe to Digital Planet, for example),
• blogs (Marian Thacher has a great one on Adult Education and
Technology at http://Marianthacher.blogspot.com ),
• wikis (for example the Technology area of the Adult Literacy
Education Wiki) ,
• online videos (OTAN's, and NCAL's Captured Wisdom videos on
integrating technology and other videos at http://mlots.org/
Other_video.html)
• online courses, and, of course,
• Web pages (such as those listed in the NIFL LINCS Technology
Special Collection at http://www.altn.org/techtraining/ )

But we know there are many more resources that could be listed. We
hope you will send us some specific suggestions of good online
integrating technology professional development resources that we may
have missed. For example, do you know of regularly scheduled online
courses or online workshops focused on integrating technology that
are available to adult education teachers across the U.S.?

David J. Rosen
djrosen at comcast.net