[Technology 1408] itunes u
Archived Content Disclaimer
This page contains archived content from a LINCS email discussion list that closed in 2012. This content is not updated as part of LINCS’ ongoing website maintenance, and hyperlinks may be broken.
Sun Dec 9 09:49:16 EST 2007
- Previous message: [Technology 1407] new focus on basics
- Next message: [Technology 1410] Re: itunes u
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]
Technology and Professional Development Colleagues,
itunes -- the Apple online music store -- now has a new area offering
free university and college lectures and other education
presentations. It is called itunes university or itunes u.
If you have a look, consider the following:
1. Is there anything there that would be useful to adult secondary
education classes (GED, EDP, ADP, or College Transiton) for
introducing their students to college? If so, what?
2. Would it be useful to have a new category on itunes u, under
"Beyond Universities" for Teacher Training or Teacher Improvement .
(For example we now have links to over 30 free, short adult ed
classroom videos on the MLoTS Web site [ www.mlots.org ]. Itunes u
might include those as well as other kinds of professional
development videos and slide shows. Would it be worthwhile for me to
ask itunes u to set this up? If they did, would you use it?
David J. Rosen
djrosen at comcast.net