[Technology 1417] Re: Tech fluency and English skills - research?

Nancy Friday nfriday at alphaplus.ca
Tue Dec 18 09:59:51 EST 2007

Hi Paul,

Given your topic of research you may be interested in some research we
did in 2003 in Ontario, Canada called What Difference Does It Make? The
focus of our research was to ask students (142 were asked) from a wide
range of Ontario English literacy programs (42 participated) what
differences they saw in their literacy skills as a result of using
technology. We were particularly interested in the impact an online
environment like AlphaRoute was having on their acquisition of literacy
skills, but understood from student responses that they were referring
to the full range of technology they used to learn when responding to
our interview questions.

You can access the report from the link below.

http://www.resources.alpharoute.org/pdfs/Whatdifferencedoesitmake.pdf

Nancy