[Technology 1420] Re: retrospective

akira at boston sabes akira.kamiya at umb.edu
Thu Dec 20 16:26:16 EST 2007

fun thread idea !

I think the most useful thing that I did in the beginning (mid to late 80s)
was to use
PINE, a unix commnad line email program and also read usenet news groups.
This was when the world wide web was only text based and strickly
non-commercial !
My how things have changed.

These two things really made me think WOW this is revolutionary stuff !
Instant communication; one to one and one to many from all over the world !

-Akira

AKIRA KAMIYA
Adult Literacy Resource Institute
Computer Field Technologist - Greater Boston

Tel 617-287-4075
The people have the power... to wrestle the earth from fools
-Patti Smith