[Workplace 1156] Thursday Resources

Brian, Dr Donna J G djgbrian at utk.edu
Thu Jan 17 19:11:36 EST 2008

Discussion List Members,

I've forwarded several announcements to the list earlier today that I
might have put in the Thursday Resources, but they seemed hard to
condense to short announcements, and I took the easy way out and just
forwarded the whole thing. That has made the resources I've included
here rather scant. I'll probably have a larger batch to present next
week.

I hope your new year is off to a good start!

Donna

Donna Brian
Moderator, LINCS Workplace Literacy Discussion List
Off-list contact djgbrian at utk.edu

workplace at nifl.gov

To subscribe/unsubscribe/change options/access archives:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Announcement from the National Center on Learning Disabilities
http://www.ncld.org/
A live chat on the topic "Learning Disabilities in the Workplace" will
take place on January 24, 2008
11 a.m. - 12 p.m. ET
The discussion will be moderated by Dr. Sheldon Horowitz, Ed.D.,
Director of Professional Services at the National Center for Learning
Disabilities.
For more information on how to participate, go to:
http://lioncld.forumone.com/content/interview/detail/575

Brought to our attention by NZ Literacy Portal
http://www.nzliteracyportal.org.nz/

"On the Job: ESL and Essential Skills for Work"
This Canadian website includes nine sections linked to the Essential
Skills for the Workplace. Each section includes examples relevant to
various occupation groups e.g. cooks and cleaners; retail and
salespeople and assemblers and furnishing finishers.
http://www.itsessential.ca/itsessential/display_page.asp
http://www.itsessential.ca/itsessential/display_page.asp?page_id=323