CCR Standards Project
Coming Online Soon! CCR Institute Materials
Preparations are underway to post selected materials from the College and Career Readiness Standards (CCR) Implementation Institutes for your continued use. Look for them here — this winter!
What Can You Expect?
- A collection of professional development (PD) modules that replicate eight key activities used in the CCR Implementation Institute
- Ready-to-use PD materials complete with PowerPoint presentations with notes, user guides, participant handouts, and supporting resources
- Materials that are designed to be used in group settings, or for individual study
What Topics Are Covered?
The instructional advances that identify the most significant elements of the CCR Standards for Adult Education for literacy:
- Regular practice with complex text and its academic vocabulary
- Reading, writing, and speaking grounded in evidence from text
- Building knowledge through content-rich nonfiction
The instructional advances that identify the most significant elements of the CCR Standards for Adult Education for mathematics:
- Focusing strongly where the standards focus
- Designing learning around coherent progressions level to level
- Pursuing conceptual understanding, procedural skill and fluency, and application — all with equal intensity
An additional topic features the Standards for Mathematical Practice and how to integrate them into content-specific lessons.
Considered all together, these activities will help you explore what it means to implement CCR standards in adult education!
For more information please contact Suzy Seibert at firstname.lastname@example.org.