CCR Standards Project
Coming Online Soon! CCR Institute Materials
Preparations are underway to post selected materials from the College and Career Readiness Standards (CCR) Implementation Institutes for your continued use. Look for them here — this fall!
What Can You Expect?
- A collection of professional development (PD) modules that replicate eight key activities used in the CCR Implementation Institute
- Ready-to-use PD materials complete with PowerPoint presentations with notes, user guides, participant handouts, and supporting resources
- Materials that are designed to be used in group settings, or for individual study
What Topics Are Covered?
The instructional advances that identify the most significant elements of the CCR Standards for Adult Education for literacy:
- Regular practice with complex text and its academic vocabulary
- Reading, writing, and speaking grounded in evidence from text
- Building knowledge through content-rich nonfiction
The instructional advances that identify the most significant elements of the CCR Standards for Adult Education for mathematics:
- Focusing strongly where the standards focus
- Designing learning around coherent progressions level to level
- Pursuing conceptual understanding, procedural skill and fluency, and application — all with equal intensity
An additional topic features the Standards for Mathematical Practice and how to integrate them into content-specific lessons.
Considered all together, these activities will help you explore what it means to implement CCR standards in adult education!
Coming October 1 ‒ Applications for Advanced Implementation Support
Applications for the next phase of our CCR standards-based PD will be disseminated to state directors on October 1, 2014. Twelve states will be selected to receive three forms of intensive advanced level CCR implementation support:
- Two three-day, face-to-face training workshops held in Washington, D.C., for 12 state leadership teams
- Coaches in literacy and mathematics to assist each state team in moving the state’s implementation efforts forward
- Ongoing technical assistance and up to four on-site visits provided over two years, beginning spring 2015
During the training workshops, state teams will engage in a series of activities that build on the Standards-in-Action (SIA) Innovations (2009). The workshops extend activities from the CCR Implementation Institute and include lessons from the Handbook for Sustaining Standards-Based Education (2014). What is the name of our new series of training activities? College and Career Readiness Standards-in-Action (CCR SIA).
What Will the CCR SIA Trainings and Technical Assistance Address?
We have named this new initiative College and Career Readiness Standards-in-Action (CCR SIA). Here are some of the priority areas that CCR SIA will address to support your state’s implementation of CCR standards:
- Aligning Existing Resources to CCR Standards
- Translating CCR Standards Into Aligned Lessons
- Initiating an Assignment and Student Work Protocol
- Observing CCR Standards-Based Instruction
- Developing a Sustainable Implementation Plan
During the two training workshops, state teams will work with their coaches to develop plans for implementing the training and tools in their states. Coaches will communicate regularly with participants to provide technical assistance via telecommunications and on-site visits. CCR SIA staff will also provide a series of topical webinars over the course of the project to support states’ efforts.
For more information please contact Suzy Seibert at email@example.com.