College and Career Readiness Standards: Implementation Institute
Registration Is Now Open!
The Office of Vocational and Adult Education invites adult education staff to attend the College and Career Readiness (CCR) Standards: Implementation Institute led by Susan Pimentel and StandardsWork. The Implementation Institute-the first in a series of trainings-is an opportunity for adult educators to hone their understanding of CCR standards. Over two days of intensive training, participants will receive:
- A practical and transferable understanding of the fundamental advances in instruction embedded in the CCR standards and the research base that supports them.
- The results of a gap analysis that indicate how well a state’s standards in reading, writing, and mathematics are aligned with the CCR standards for adult education.
- Individualized support by expert coaches in literacy and mathematics about how best to integrate CCR standards into current programs - no matter where a program is on the continuum of standards implementation.
- Concrete next steps for how to transform instructional and curriculum approaches and materials.
- Read the agenda for more information about the Implementation Institute.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
For a richer training experience, we encourage states and adult education programs to send three to five staff members. Ideally, a team should include administrators and instructional leaders who are responsible for instruction in the areas of reading, writing, and mathematics, as well as program direction and professional development. Educators from all states and adult education programs funded by the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act are welcome to register no matter where they are on the continuum of standards implementation.
There is no cost to register for or attend the Implementation Institute. Participants are responsible for travel, meals, and hotel expenses.
LOCATION AND DATES
For your convenience the Implementation Institute will be repeated in three regional locations. Locations and dates are:
- New Orleans, LA – Tuesday, April 1-Wednesday, April 2
- Phoenix, AZ – Wednesday, April 30-Thursday, May 1
- Washington, DC – Wednesday, June 4-Thursday, June 5
Each team’s leader should complete the registration process. Register now to secure your team’s space!
Registrants will receive information about travel and hotel arrangements specific to the location they selected.
For questions about training content, please contact Barbara Van Horn at email@example.com or 814-360-4053. For questions about travel and logistics, please contact Suzy Seibert at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-835-2000.