The Literacy Information and Communication System (LINCS) is a national leadership initiative of the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education (OCTAE) to expand evidence-based practice in the field of adult education.
LINCS demonstrates OCTAE’s commitment to delivering high-quality, on-demand educational opportunities to practitioners of adult education, so those practitioners can help adult learners successfully transition to postsecondary education and 21st century jobs.
LINCS consists of the following components:
- LINCS Resource Collection a collection of vetted resources for adult education practitioners
- LINCS Community an online community of practice
- Learning Portal online courses for adult education practitioners
- State Resources professional development and technical assistance opportunities for States and information on current and past Federal initiatives.
- Learner Center resources for adult learners
These components provide adult educators with the information, resources, professional development activities, and online network they need to enhance their practice and ensure their adult students receive high-quality learning opportunities.
LINCS Professional Development (PD) Guides
The LINCS PD Guides share evidence-based professional development learning opportunities available across the LINCS site, including the Community, Courses, the Resource Collection, State Resources, Federal Initiatives, and the Learner Center. Instructors, Program Administrators, Professional Developers, State Staff, and more will appreciate the curated content as a starting point for their LINCS professional development journey. Download a LINCS PD Guide today!
- Career Pathways and Postsecondary Transitions
- Civics Education and Citizenship
- Correctional and Reentry Education
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- English Language Acquisition
- Integrating Technology
- Learners with Disabilities
- Math and Numeracy
- Reading and Writing
- Professional Development
- Program Management
- Teaching and Learning