Focus on evaluation-expected outcomes and intended audiences. With an emphasis on accountability, evaluation is always a timely subject.
- Evaluation process: (1) What outcomes are expected, and (2) for what audiences?
- Are the needs of the participants being met?
- Are there data to verify needs are being met?
- If expected outcomes are revised, how does that affect the audiences who
have a stake in the project?
- What is the role of the evaluator?
- What about unintended outcomes?
Don Seaman, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus, College of Education, Texas A & M University
Dr. Seaman is a Professor Emeritus and former Research Scientist, College of Education, Texas A&M University. He and his wife, Anna, provide technical assistance and evaluation services to a number of Even Start family literacy programs in Texas