Welcome to the LINCS Learning Disabilities Discussion List moderated by Rochelle Kenyon.
The purpose of this list is to provide an on-going professional development forum where literacy practitioners, adult educators, administrators, and researchers, as well as others with a stake or interest in serving adults with learning disabilities can have a targeted discussion in the area of literacy and learning disabilities. The list functions as an information exchange network for the sharing of information, research, expertise, and resources regarding the relationship between adult literacy and learning disabilities. Discussion topics include:
- Causes and consequences of learning disabilities;
- Legal issues related to serving adults with learning disabilities;
- Classroom strategies, methods and materials;
- Assistive Technology; and,
- GED testing and accommodations.