Join the Adult Literacy Professional Development Discussion List to explore development, design, and facilitation considerations and implications with online and blended models of professional development. Subscribers will have the opportunity to view a Pod cast of the face-to-face panel discussion at the AALPD PreConference at COABE, interact with panelists and additional guests online, and plan next steps.
Part I: Discussion Primer - What's Available in Online Professional Development?"
When: May 7-13, 2007
Join the list to share your state or organization's initiatives in providing online professional development, or to learn what is available to you in online professional development, any costs involved, whether credits (CEUs) are available, and more.
Part II: Guest Discussion - "Going the Distance: Online and Blended Models of Sustained Professional Development"
When: May 14 - 21, 2007
Join the list to participate in a guest discussion of online and blended professional development and professional development-at-a-distance.
Topics include (but are not limited to):
Designers and Developers:
- Sharing strategies and considerations for online and blended professional development and professional development-at-a-distance;
- Examining ways to blend technology tools and other design implications to enhance professional development;
- Exploring strategies for evaluating the effectiveness of online and blended models;
Online Facilitators (DE Teachers, Professional Developers, List Moderators):
- Considering what skills and qualities make a good online presenter/trainer;
- Sharing practical techniques, including facilitating interactivity and improving retention;
Teachers and Administrators:
- Sharing qualities that attract practitioners to online and blended professional development and offering recommendations for designers/developers;
- Browsing online courses/tools from various providers and interacting with online course facilitators;
- Discussing considerations in selecting online professional development and supporting participation;
- Discussing quality considerations specific to the online environment; and
- Developing action agendas as individuals, teams, or as a field to advance online and blended professional development opportunities.
This discussion will build and expand upon issues explored in the recent AALPD PreConference at COABE, "Exploring the Potential for Online Professional Development." http://www.aalpd.org/training/2007coabepreconference_agenda.html
Moderator: Jackie Taylor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We do not control and cannot guarantee the relevance, timeliness, or accuracy of the materials provided by other agencies or organizations via links off-site, nor do we endorse other agencies or organizations, their views, products or services.