Facebook, Twitter, and Blogs—Oh my! —A Follow Up Discussion of Using Social Media in Teaching and Professional Development-Adult Literacy Professional Development Discussion List-Literacy Information and Communication System (LINCS)
Have you taken the dive into social media for teaching or professional development? Are you tweeting, twittering, liking, linking in, or following your way through the learning curve? In Summer 2010, the Professional Development and Technology Discussion Lists held a joint discussion of using social media in teaching and professional development. We would like to hear back from you, what your summer learning goals were, and how you’ve progressed since then. We’ll explore questions, such as:
- What are your goals for using social media in your practice?
- Which tools are most useful to you in reaching your goals and why?
- What have been your most promising successes?
- What have been your challenges?
- How has social media tapped your creativity, enthusiasm, (or frustration)?
- What are some milestones you have reached?
- What has been the return on investment of your time and resources?
- What does the future hold for you?
We are developing case studies based on this discussion to share with COABE session participants. Join us for the online conversation, and bring your friends and followers!
Nell Eckersley, Technology and Distance Learning List Moderator
Jackie Taylor, Professional Development List Moderator
Please note: We do not control and cannot guarantee the relevance, timeliness, or accuracy of the materials provided by other agencies or organizations via links off-site, nor do we endorse other agencies or organizations, their views, products or services.