A Toolkit for Registered Apprenticeship in Healthcare
Registered apprenticeship is a relatively new training model in the healthcare industry. To assist healthcare employers and other workforce development stakeholders register and implement healthcare apprenticeship programs, this resource from the United States Department of Labor, Office of Apprenticeship features a series of documents will help accelerate the adoption of registered apprenticeship as a workforce solution for the healthcare industry. These documents reflect lessons learned through working with healthcare employers and workforce stakeholder partners in regions across the United States.
The toolkit has two sections:
- Core apprenticeship information: This section has resources that are needed for the registration and implementation of an apprenticechip program. These resources include:
- a summary of key apprenticeship components that local program need to address and adapt to local needs;
- information on pre-apprenticeship programs that addresses barriers to individuals entering and succeeding in a registered apprenticeship program,
- an apprenticeship orientation form, and
- sample application for Certification of Completion of Apprenticeship.
- Guidance documents: This section references documents that have been put to use and/or adapted by apprenticeship partners. They reflect topics that have emerged in the implementation phase of healthcare apprenticeships:
- Guidance on Competency-Based Assessments in Healthcare
- Guidance on Healthcare Registered Apprenticeship Mentorship/Preceptorship
- Guidance on Providing Credit for Prior Learning
- Advice on Completion of Related Technical Instruction
This toolkit is designed to assist healthcare employers and other workforce development stakeholders register and implement healthcare apprenticeship programs. The toolkit includes useful forms to facilitate the apprenticeship completion process, as well as provides helpful guidance.