Resource Collection Topics
The LINCS Resource Collection contains high-quality multimedia instructional resources, informed by research, for use by adult educators. The resources in the collection are limited to items that have completed a rigorous internal and external review process conducted by subject matter experts and have been recommended and approved by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Vocational and Adult Education (OVAE), Division of Adult Education and Literacy. The resources have a sound theoretical framework and an application to the adult education field. Search the collection by category, keyword, date and more.
The LINCS Resource Collection houses resources in the following topic areas:
- Adult English Language Learners: Find resources and materials on topics such as effective instructional practices and program design; working with literate and emergent literate adult learner; and integrating English literacy and civics education instruction.
- Career Pathways: Locate resources that address topics like contextualized instruction, 21st century competencies and skills, dual and concurrent enrollment, career counseling, wrap-around support services, stackable industry-recognized credentials, and strategic partnerships.
- College and Career Standards: Find resources that help you learn more about this topic with materials about designing instruction with college and career standards, states’ implementation of standards-based education, and how-to identify, develop, adapt, or update CCR standards at the local program level.
- Correctional Education: Review materials about working with adults in prisons, jails, community, and juvenile settings; program planning and career counseling for adults in re-entry programs; and designing instruction and program services for incarcerated and formerly incarcerated adults.
- Disabilities in Adult Education: Learn about the causes of disabilities and their implications for learning; legal issues related to serving adults with disabilities; instructional strategies, methods, and materials; assistive technology; and accommodations.
- Diversity and Literacy: (Coming Soon!) Learn about the causes of disabilities and their implications for learning; legal issues related to serving adults with disabilities; instructional strategies, methods, and materials; assistive technology; and accommodations.
- Evidence-based Professional Development: Review resources to promote your knowledge on topics such as teacher effectiveness, professional development systems, and evidence-based approaches and methods to professional development.
- Financial Literacy: Locate information and resources about the financial literacy skills and practices adults need in life and work; budgeting, resources, and financing for postsecondary education; and financial literacy tools for instruction.
- Formative Assessment: Check out materials for identifying and incorporating formative assessment activities in the classroom; connecting the classroom with real-world needs of students; and developing ways to include results for reporting and accountability purposes with stakeholders and adult learners.
- Health Literacy: Find resources that will help you with topics such as literacy and communication issues in health education programs and in healthcare settings; integrating health literacy into adult education programs; and creating appropriate, accessible, and actionable health literacy education materials and trainings.
- Math and Numeracy: Explore resources around topics such as math skills for high school equivalency; common math and numeracy instructional challenges and strategies for addressing them; technology in math instructional design; and college and career readiness math skills.
- Postsecondary Completion: Identify resources and materials about effective transition programming including topics such as curriculum and instruction, college readiness counseling, postsecondary assessment, transition program development, career awareness, data collection, and strategic partnerships.
- Program Management: Consult the resources that highlight promising program practices, models and policies, effective approaches for program improvement, data-driven decision-making, accountability, and program evaluation.
- Reading and Writing: Find resources on topics such as motivation and engagement; the component skills of reading and writing; explicit instructional strategies; and reading and writing instruction, strategies, and skills.
- Science: Discover materials on how to design instruction that integrates science with adult education instruction and resources that include adult education’s role in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) career pathways; science literacy standards; contextualizing science in the 21st century adult education classroom; and scientific practices, knowledge, and skills.
- Technology and Learning: Learn more about technology and learning by exploring topics such as effective technology practices, technology capacity and infrastructure, 21st century digital literacy skills, how-to guides; and effective uses of technology in adult education instruction and staff development.