The Diversity and Literacy Discussion List
Welcome to the LINCS Diversity and Literacy Discussion List moderated by Daphne Greenberg. The purpose of this list is to provide an ongoing professional development forum for adult literacy education practitioners, advocates, researchers, learners, policy makers, and all other persons who are interested in exploring the linkages between diversity and literacy with topics like:
- Assumptions about race and poverty often made in adult education programs;
- Connections among literacy, race, poverty and public policy,
- Dynamics within and among diverse groups and the misunderstandings that can occur in the teaching/learning process;
- Domestic violence and its intersection with poverty, race, and literacy;
- Sexual and gender orientation issues and how they impact learners and teachers; and,
- Religious differences and adult literacy classrooms.