Getting Started Toolkit (Part 2): Partnership Development and Planning
The purpose of this toolkit is to assist programs in planning and sustaining the partnerships necessary for the effective implementation of a career pathways system.
This implementation manual and accompany web-based tutorial are the second in the series, Building Bridges for Career Pathways in Michigan. The resources provides guidance on the process and strategies for partnership development and planning. Strategies include the following:
- Identifying and engaging regional partners;
- Organizing your partners into a structure that supports career pathways development;
- Defining roles and responsibilities of the Adult Learning Collaborative Board and Career Pathways Steering Committee;
- Launching and supporting the partnerships; and
- Building and sustaining employer relationships.
The Getting Started Toolkit and Tutorials were created to document development and implementation of the Building Bridges for Career Pathways in Michigan project and to provide resources for other state and local organizations wishing to replicate their career pathways process. The complete six-part series of resources from the Building Bridges to Career Pathways in Michigan project can be found at www.maepd.org/lib-careerpathways.html.
Participants will learn the partnership involvement strategies necessary for the successful planning and implementation of career pathways.
This resource was reviewed and vetted through the Designing Instruction for Career Pathways initiative of the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Vocational and Adult Education under Contract No. ED-CFO-10-A-0072/0001.