This webcast occurred on January 20, 2010, at 1:00–2:30 pm EST
Transitioning students through their educational experience and on to post-secondary education can be a challenging process.
Learn what local programs, in partnership with colleges, are doing to ensure that students are ready to move from adult literacy classes to post-secondary education and beyond. In this Webcast, designed for program administrators, experts explore successful student transitions as well as discuss current research, state office technical assistance, and adult education program perspectives.
Jeffrey A. Fantine, State Director of Adult Education, Maine
Ellen Hewett, Director of the National College Transition Network (NCTN) at World Education, Inc.
Daniel J. Miller, Acting Director, National Institute for Literacy
Julie Scoskie, Director, Jefferson County Public Schools Adult and Continuing Education, Louisville, Kentucky
Ronna Spacone, Education Program Specialist, U. S. Department of Education, Office of Vocational and Adult Education
- Elements of successful transitions programs
- Research-based and best practices for providing transitions programming
- Forming college-adult education partnerships
- How states support transitions programming
- Resources on transitions to post-secondary education