OER for Administrators and Educators: Accessing high-quality learning resources, for free
OER: Accessing high-quality learning resources, for free (for Administrators and Educators) is a resource designed for administrators and educators interested in exploring open educational resources (OER) for the adult classroom. The guide comprises four key components:
- What are OER? A definition of the resource category.
- Why use OER? Highlights top benefits for administrators, educators and students, including reducing cost and increasing efficiency.
- Supporting educators with OER guides administrators on how to support educators in using OER.
- How to make OER work for you guides educators to try OER and adapt OER for their own use. This section also includes information on educator communities where teachers can learn and share advice with peers.
- LINCS Learning Portal points administrators and educators to related professional development resources.
This resource was developed for the 2019 National Meeting for Adult Education State Directors. The overall initiative is funded by the U.S. Department of Education Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education under the project titled “Power in Numbers: Advancing Math for Adult Learners” (OER Math project), Contract Number: ED-VAE-14-D-0006/0004.
This introductory resource is aimed at adult learning administrators and educators interested in exploring open educational resources (OER) for the adult classroom. The resource sheet includes actionable advice and recommended online resources for them to get started with OER.